Status messageThis profile has expired
Recognized in a women’s restroom as a “local actress,” Jena hopes to break into regionals in 5 years. She’s performed with several theater companies over the years, including Six Elements, Navel Gaze, and Walking Shadow. Her list of Fringe involvement since 2008 includes such shows as “Shakespeare’s Land of the Dead,” “Highlander: the Musical,” “Fringe Orphans,” “Stop Talking: A Game of Talking,” and her own one-woman show “Drinking Stories” She done fight choreography and/or directorship for Fell down the Stairs, Navel Gaze, and Rooftop Theater. Jena enjoys dabbling in a variety of arts, including stage, sketch, film, improv, stand up, spoken word, storytelling, dance, fire manipulation, modelling, and visual arts in various media. She’s written, directed, produced, performed, and choreographed. Her work includes marketing and events coordination for various production groups, including Stand Up! Records, Mime Rifle, and Fearless Comedy Productions.
- Producer/Director of Young and Fearless, a sketch comedy series showing at Bryant-Lake Bowl from 2013 to current
- Performs with Vilification Tennis from 2002 to current
- Creator/Producer/Performer in "Memoirs of a Welfare Queen" a solo show for MN Fringe Festival 2013
- Creator/Choreographer/Dancer in a vignette for "Fringe Orphans" a Navel Gaze Production for MN Fringe Festival 2013
- Actor Combatant in Human Combat Chess, a Six Elements Theater production in 2013
- Weapons Specialist in Feminine Wiles for Zastrozzi, a Six Elements Theater production in 2013
- Writer/Fight Director/Performer in a vignette for "Fringe Orphans" a Navel Gaze Production for MN Fringe Festival 2012
- Fight Director in "On the Differences Between Two Women and the Resolution Thereof," a Fell Down the Stairs production for MN Fringe Festival 2012
- Actor Combatant in Human Combat Chess, a Six Elements Theater production in 2012
- Writer/Performer in "Take My Wife Instead" Vol 1-4 in 2010-2012
- Fight Choreographer in "Highlander: the Musical," a Rooftop Theater Co production for MN Fringe Festival 2011
- Co-Producer/Title Role in short film "Drunk History - Joan of Arc" (student project) in 2011
- Produced, wrote, directed short film "Gender Rolls for Initiative" in 2010
- Opened for Doug Stanhope with MNCD in 2009.
- Performed in "Moonlighting" directed by Ralph Matthews for the 48 Hour Film Festival in 2009
- Producer/Writer/Director/Performer in one-woman show "Drinking Stories" for MN Fringe Festival 2009
- Performed in "Shakespeare's Land of the Dead," a Walking Shadow production, for MN Fringe Festival in 2008
- Performed Columbina with I Arroganti Commedia Del Arte in 2006
- Founding Member and performer in Fandazzi Fire Circus in 2004
- Performs at the MN Renaissance Festival from 1992 to current
- Stage Combat Training with SAFD certified instructor Don Preston.
- Studied improv at Brave New Workshop.
Minnesota Renaissance Festival Hall of Fame - 2006